Perth’s exotic avian veterinaries
Many people own exotic birds that are beautiful, colourful and make great pets. But when they get ill or need attention of some sort, you want to send them to exotic bird vets who specialise in unusual and regular birds and have the experience and knowledge to care for them. Contact us for all your bird care requirements.
Experienced exotic bird veterinarians
The Unusual Pet Vets is an experienced team of exotic avian veterinarians in Perth, with a special interest in exotic pets such as birds and other unusual animals. We cater to all birds, regardless of size or temperament, and regularly provide care for a range of birds, including:
- A range of parrot species
- Eclectus parrots
- Cockatiels (Weiros)
Birds can be challenging to look after, especially due to a lot of misinformation that is available. Our team of avian vets is experienced with the latest in quality care and can help with:
- General health check-ups including dietary or husbandry discussions
- Wing clips
- Beak trims
- DNA sexing
- Soft tissue and orthopaedic surgery
- Behaviour analysis and discussion
- Blood and faecal analysis
- Advanced diagnostic imaging (x-rays and ultrasounds)
Our core veterinarian, Dr James Haberfield keeps a range of bird species and has developed his expert knowledge over many years.
We have two clinics in Perth, north and south of the river, with top of the range equipment and an avian pet hospital to provide the best care for your birds when needed. If you are looking for food or accessories for your birds browse our online shop, we stock a wide range of products, making shopping for your bird easy and convenient.
Why choose The Unusual Pet Vets?
- Experienced, highly-qualified team with a wealth of knowledge and expertise in dealing with exotic birds
- Two clinics both with a high-tech laboratory and the latest equipment, including surgical and anaesthesia facilities onsite
- In addition to medical care for your pets, we also offer professional advice, fact sheets, training courses and documentation to ensure that your bird remains healthy and is well cared for
Make sure your bird gets the high-quality care that it deserves, and that you can care for them in the best way possible. Contact us today or call us on (08) 9345 4644 to book an appointment or to ask any further questions.